Flow North offers canoe instruction for youth and adults!
Every wanted to know exactly what a J-stroke was, and how to do it? Well, wonder no more — we can show you how.
Flow North offers 2-day Canoe Camps for youth and adults as well as 1-day sessions. We always use a nice, sheltered lake location to make it as easy as possible to learn.
Groups we’ve worked with:
- – Town of High Level
- – County of Northern Lights
- – Town of Peace River
- – Northern Sunrise County
- – Junior Forest Rangers (Alberta Sustainable Resource Development)
- – Girl Guides of Canada
You can join us for the instructional day as part of Paddle the Peace, which takes place this year on August 16th (with the main paddling day Aug 17, 2014).
General Info about Canoe Lessons
- – Minimum age is 10 yrs old (because younger children are not big enough to handle a canoe)
- – There is no maximum age to learn canoeing! 🙂
- – Adults can sign up for lessons, too! Contact us to express your interest and we’ll let you know what dates are available.
- – Teresa is an instructor certified with Paddle Alberta.
In 2014, we are giving lessons at Cadotte Lake on July 26, 2014 in partnership with the Northern Sunrise County. Please contact Amber Houle at the county for more information.